This morning I logged into My Fitness Pal to log the meals I planned on eating today. I noticed in my home feed it says “brittanynicole86 has logged in for 30 days in a row!” Wow, I can’t believe I’ve actually remembered to log in for 30 days; even on the weekends! That’s the 30 days part.
Last week, 7 days ago, I decided to reevaluate how I viewed food and weight loss. I think it’s been a pretty successful week. It’s been a mid-week week, but still a week. I did have a chimichanga on Sunday, and pizza last night. But I saved up all day Sunday for that chimichanga, and it was damn worth it too; and the pizza was veggie pizza, which is always a healthier choice than pepperoni. I found, strangely enough, that I managed to stay within the calories I allotted for myself before I decided to up the limit by a couple of hundred calories. I didn’t get much walking done, but now that I have one habit in place, I can work on establishing the next habit.
Monday was a major win day for me. My food diary looked like a page out of a health magazine. Filled with fruits, veggies, healthy choices, and a 5am walk. Monday was also a win for Charlie, who got up and swam for a couple of hours before work. I’m very happy that he’s decided to jump on the bandwagon and make healthy choices with me! It’s always nice to have a partner in crime, and even better when that partner is your significant other.
Things I’ve learned these last 7 days:
- I’m addicted to hummus, I’m pretty sure this is a fact
- Spaghetti squash counts as a veggie, not a carb, and spaghetti squash Au gratin is a killer recipe
- If I make sure half my plate is green, the rest is easy
- Balancing breakfast and lunch is harder than balancing dinner
- Fruit is awesome for filling you up
- Getting up at 5am is like pulling teeth for me
Some of the healthy meals I’ve eaten include:
- Strawberries and peanut butter toast
- Salad with London Broil pieces
- North Carolina chicken (family recipe!), oven roasted potatoes and green beans, and salad
- London Broil, spaghetti squash Au Gratin, and salad
- Homemade egg, ham, and cheese sandwich on a multigrain English muffin, and a peach
- Balsamic grilled pork chops, garlic smashed red potatoes, and salad
- Homemade Bacon, spinach, mushroom, onion omelet and sourdough toast
It’s a process, and I’m learning. I’m discovering new balanced recipes everyday, and storing them away for later. All in all, I think I’ve started out well, and it can only get better!
Now if I could only get up at 5am every weekday morning to walk…Wiley doesn’t seem to mind it too much!